The vision of NOGAMU is to attain “Increased incomes and improved livelihoods in Uganda through adoption of Organic Agriculture”
NOGAMU's mission is to coordinate and promote organic agricultural development, networking and marketing.
NOGAMU is an umbrella organization which unites producers, processors, exporters, NGOs and other institutions and organizations that are involved in the promotion and development of the organic sector in Uganda. Established in 2001, it is now one of the highly esteemed Business Support Organisations (BSOs) providing a range of services to the sector. In an effort to ensure that its services reach members in all parts of Uganda , NOGAMU works with reputable partner organisations based in four regions including:
• Caritas Kampala - In the Central
• Restless Development - In the East
• Sustainable Agricultural Trainer\'s Network (SATNET) - In the West.
• To build capacity and promote Training, Research, Extension and Education in organic agriculture in Uganda
• To promote Local and Export Marketing of organic products from Uganda
• To develop and increase the application of organic standards and promote certified organic production in Uganda
• To increase awareness and attract support for organic agriculture in Uganda